Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Sausage/Spinach/Sweet Pepper Quiche

So, I really do like to cook, and I think I am pretty good at it. Although that has not been reflected in my life lately. It goes back to what I talked about in the Red Picnic Table post. Why can't we get ourselves do what we know we love, and will make us feel better, when we are stressed? Ugh! I don't know, okay!? ;)

Well this weekend I did cook one meal. I have always liked quiche as a breakfast food. You can make it with whatever ingredients you prefer. And it's yummy. I chose my own concoction of foods for this recipe, and it turned out UNBELIEVABLE. It's really easy, too. Too bad Adam took the only leftovers with him to work. Grr!

Anyway, here is what you need:
4-6 eggs
1 Polish Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
6 small Sweet Peppers, sliced [I buy this bag of sweet peppers at Wal-Mart, they are awesome on salads, sandwiches, ect. Also great in quiche!]
1 cup fresh spinach [the only way to go]
1 cup shredded cheese [I think this still would be amazing without the cheese, so skip it if you want to cut the cals]
1 frozen, deep dish pie crust [these usually come it two, so double this recipe and make 2!]

Bake pie crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove, set aside.


Combine all other ingredients and mix well. [I, of course, used my beloved new mixer]

Evenly spread ingredients into pie crust.

Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.

Then bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.


Looks awesome, right?
Wait 10 minutes before cutting.

A healthy, protein-packed brunch! And, cooking really did help with the stress! Do what you love.






-Be Kind to One Another-

No comments:

Post a Comment