Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY Scarf/Jewelry Holder

Oh my...what a week! That's all I have to say about that. *sigh*

This is a project that I did awhile back, but wanted to share it with you because I love it so much. I like to think that it's something original. I have never seen anything like it, so I am just gunna go ahead and assume I thought of it :)

What you will need:

-2 by 6 board. [The one I opted for in this project came from the hay-mound in my parents barn. Cool, I know...it's about 3 foot long and shaped a little weird, which I like]
-Mason Jars [I have a bunch on hand from my wedding and from the canning that I keep saying that I will do]
-Super Glue [The stuff I used in this is called Goop. Worked like a charm]
-Wall hooks

Talk about a bad picture. It was windy this day and I apparently used my Christmas wreath to hold the newspaper down. But, this is the shape of the board I used. Then, stain the board your favorite shade. I chose Walnut.

After the board is dry from the stain, measure out evenly where you want the mason jars placed. Apply super glue to bottom of mason jars. This super glue takes a long time to dry, so if you mess up your placement of the mason jars, you will be able to move them a little. In fact, the glue says you need to wait 24 hours to fully dry. But, it will be worth it.

Notice my messy desk. Level, tape measure, pen, white out (?). I let it sit and dry for at least 24 hours! I know it seems like a long time, but the glue really does take that long to set. 

Then, (I didn't take pictures of this) but I put wall hooks on the back...those $1 ones from Wal-Mart. Then I found the perfect place for it on my wall in my bedroom.



I  put my necklaces inside the mason jars. I don't put my really nice jewlery in here, just knockoff, cheap, plastic stuff. I have small hands, so it works for me. And, it's different.


If you are up for trying new stuff, this is it. It is a practical way to organize all my beloved scarves and store my jewelry. Whatever you do, make it yours!




-Be Kind to One Another-

No comments:

Post a Comment