Sunday, April 08, 2012

A "Happy" Weekend

Happy Easter! I hope you had the chance to spend the day with loved ones. Sometimes, our lives get so busy that we forget to spend QUALITY time with friends and family. In some people's lives, this concept is lost. So take time and spend it with the people you loved.

 I have been having problems with blogger and was not able to post for a few days. I also sprained my back moving a picnic table this week, so I haven’t been in the best mood. However, I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! I know I did! Today was actually my birthday and Easter all in one! The big 2-4. My mom had Easter at her house and my extended family was all there to celebrate. It could not have been a better day. Even though my back still hurts and I ate entirely too much Easter candy, I am in a much better mood and thought I would give you the low down our weekend.

Friday night Adam took me out to eat at Stone City. But my back was really, really sore which made it uncomfortable. Oh well, a nice fresh Blue Moon makes everything better.
Saturday morning I slept in (as much as Shadow and Mudge would let me). I was under orders to ice my back this weekend... so I had myself a chick flick movie morning while working on some crafty stuff!

Then, I saw that my amazing cherry tree had bloomed. I cannot even explain how happy this makes me. I walked out to take pictures of the tree while drinking coffee (What am I…old!?)


Then, Saturday afternoon, Adam and I went to Cedar Rapids to do a little shopping, had coffee, and spent some quality time together! He bought me these cute tank tops and nail polish. What a man.
Saturday night I hung out with a few of the best. Paige, Andrea, and Starks came over and hung out for a while before we went out.
Paige, Me, Andrea: College friends, roommates, and partners in crime.

I have to include this picture because of how humorous it is to me. While in college, we always staged ‘awkward family photos’. I am not sure any more explanation is needed. There is always a lot of laughter.
And then came today! Easter AND my birthday! How fun! But honestly, the best part about the whole thing was that I spent time with my amazing family. I am so incredibly blessed to have these people in my life. We have great role models and we love each other so much. Here are some pictures of the fun.

 Part of the Dirks clan. This was after Cody jumped off of the roof. :)
There is never a shortage of desserts!

There was a lot of Dirks cousins!

Can you tell we are related?

***********************************************************************************
The best part about today was not the physical gifts...but the time with family! However, my kind friends and family sent me some great ones. THANK YOU! Even though I am 24 now, I love getting gifts. And cards!
My little brother made this for me in pottery. When I saw that he signed up for pottery I told him to make me a vase. He responded like a typical teenage boy with the roll of his eyes. Then he asked me what color I wanted. (Pink, of course), and he waited to give it to me for my birthday. What an awesome kid.
My little sister Terri got me this adorable tank top. She knows what I like!
The Spring picture frame and the ceramic bird in this picture are a gift from my lovely cousin Nikki. I babysit Nikki’s kids every week and I just love her (and them!) so much. It is absolutely beautiful and I can’t stop looking at it!
And, last but not least, is probably one of my favorite gifts of all time. Adam and my parents got me a KitchenAid mixer. I LOOOOOOOOVE IT! (Look forward to recipes that include using this baby this week!)

Regardless of how many gifts I received I truly am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. A big smile on my face tonight as I blog and reflect on how awesome life can be.
-Be Kind to One Another-

No comments:

Post a Comment