Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Easter "Egging"

We all need some harmless fun in our lives. Sometimes a small gesture can make someones day. Especially in this busy world, it means a lot that someone took the time to think of us. And better yet, teach your kids what this means by including them in random acts of kindness. If you are in to this sort of thing check this out.

Before everyone thinks that I am an advocate for teaching children criminal mischief…THAT’S NOT WHAT THIS IS! J I will tell you that this is a VERY fun little game that I was able to experience this week.  Easter “Egging”.  I had never heard of it, and a couple of people that I was talking to today hadn’t heard of it either, so I thought I would share. I totally wish I had my camera on me when it happened this week as I was babysitting my cousins, Wil and JJ. There are apparently several different websites that provide different instructions, but generally the idea of the game is all the same. THIS is where I saw mine. So, here are the directions! (I am KICKING myself for not having pics to share!). I suppose adults could do this, but it is surely a fun activity for kids!

1.    Decide upon a friend, family member, or neighbor that you love (and has children) that you want to ‘egg’. Make sure that they are home when you do this!

2.       Fill several (maybe 15-20) eggs with candy or small toys.

3.       Print this (or make your own) “You’ve Been Egged” poster. This is also came from here. 


              4.  Write a sweet note explaining: You think this friend/family member/neighbor is so awesome, explain what ‘egging’ means, directions to hunt and collect all (15-20) eggs, and encourage them to “egg” someone else!

We think you are “Egg”cellent Neighbors!
So, you’ve been 'Egged'! We have hidden 15 eggs in your yard! Hunt for them and find a fun treat! If you want, “Egg” someone else you know!
Happy Easter!

From, The Johnson’s

      5.       Next, gather all of you supplies and drive to their house. Park in a quick getaway spot ;)
      6.       Sneakily, hide all 15-20 eggs in their yard.
      7.       Place your “You’ve Been Egged” sign on their door along with your set of instructions, knock on the door, and get away! The idea is that it is supposed to be a surprise!

This is just a fun game to play among families with kids. We were ‘egged’ as I babysat Wil and JJ during lunch. They thought it was the coolest thing ever, and they talked about it all day long! There are only a few more days left until Easter, but you have time! It is so fun and the kids will love it! (Maybe utilize a ‘teaching moment’ and explain that only Easter Egging is appropriate!)


-Be Kind to One Another-

No comments:

Post a Comment