Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Currently

I am lacking some creativity this week, so I thought I would do a post that I recently read on Start Acting My Age. Although Allie and I have a lot in common, I will try not to make this similar to hers. ;) I didn't post anything about our weekend because we did nothing too excting. I have been goin to my little brothers track meets when I am not in class. I love a good track meet.
Dad, Jessie, Mom, me, and Adam at Monticello meet. Photo taken by Dianna Rucker.

Justin running at Loras College

So, currently, I am:

Working on-- Job applications and revising my resume. It seems like all I have been doing! Like I have said before, I am a counselor in training. However, I hold a Conditional License and can get a job at any time. I am applying for jobs for next school year. My Master's Degree will be in K-12 School Counseling from UNI. I am excited to start working. Since I am still in classes I still have homework, reading, research, and planning that I am working on.


Loving-- Baking. I got a new mixer for my birthday that I am overly obsessed with. So, this weekend I baked cookies, bars, banana bread, and even my grandma's homemade wheat bread. Oh my goodness was it delicious! I think Adam's co-workers (who benefit from my baking addication) are just as happy about my new mixer as I am! I am also excited/scared to start my Half Marathon training.I am not in great shape, but I hope things slow down a bit so I have time for this. It was so fun last year.


Thinking About--Next school year. If I do not find a job, then I have to go for an un-paid internship. Which of course is not ideal, but a great experience nonetheless. I also spend time thinking about what I can do to make this blog better. My goal is to make it a "Feel Good" blog where there is something meaningful in every post.


Listening To-- Here's the thing. I am nervous to say this because I am afraid I will be critisized by other humans for saying this... but I am really not a music person. I like to listen to music while running or driving. That's about it. I am not passionate about one particular type of music and do not get real excited about concerts. What is wrong with me!? I enjoy silence, I guess. When I am working around the house, I like to have the TV on in the background.

Eating-- As of this moment I am eating yogurt-covered raisins. I have been very cautious about food lately. I have been reading the book "The Unhealthy Truth", which explains a lot of things that are wrong with our foods these days. It has freaked me out a bit. It is one thing to KNOW that what you are eating might not be good for you and you can eat it in moderation. But when consumers have no clue about what is going into their food is a whole different ball game. Sometimes it feels like a strictly organic diet is the safest route to go...but I just don't think it has to be that way. I am no expert, I don't always follow the "healthy" rules, and may not know the whole story, but I think I will stick to beef and veggies from my dads farm. (I think that's all I should say, I could go on for hours.)



Wishing--The weather would start getting warmer for good. I want to be able to do things outside. I can't get motivated on a treadmill and my dog desparately needs to be walked. I also need to mow the lawn and plant flowers...C'mon!


Feeling--Happy. Even though I often find myself stressed over what is going to happen in the next few months, I know that Adam is supportive of my career. He has worked so hard in order for me to work on my Master's Degree and puts his own dreams on hold; and never complains. I can't wait to return the favor. I may not have a lot of money or nice things, but I am very happy with my life. I have an awesome family, friends that I can always count on and can always guarentee a laugh with, and a loving husband. Is there anything more I could ask for in life?

"It takes but one positive thought when given a chace to survive and thrive to overpower and entire army of negative thoughts."-Robert H. Schuller


-Be Kind to One Another-


No comments:

Post a Comment