Sunday, April 01, 2012

My weekend (not in Instagram)

I wonder how many people have the opportunity to have a "nothing" weekend. If you don't believe you have. Do it. It sounds cliche, but it is honestly the little things in life that have the most meaning. In the society we live in, our days are spent worrying, rushing, stressing. One of my favorite quotes includes "What a grand world this would be if we could forget our troubles as easily as we forget our blessings"....Ponder it.

My intention was provide Instagram photos, but I am having technical problems with my IPod this weekend...so that didn’t happen. However, that’s ok because we did nothing too exciting J

Friday night I went to good ole Happy Joes with my friend Paige. Paige is a very good friend from college, but we have also been roommates and co-workers. She was also my Personal Attendant at my wedding. Love her. I have a lot of great memories with Paige.


Saturday morning was an interesting experience. As an assignment for one of my classes, we had to conduct a “Green Interview”. Basically, the assignment was to interview someone over the age of 75 years who still has a little spunk.  The point to the assignment is to bridge the gap between the young generation and the elderly generation in order for us, as counselors, to provide a sustainable future for our kids. Anyway, this was such a heartwarming experience and I learned a lot. The interview was 10 questions (ish) and it ended up taking 3 hours, but such an incredible experience. I plan on posting about this eventually. However, the woman I interviewed makes her own Herb Vinegar and gifted me this. It is delicious, I must say.


I was not feeling well Saturday afternoon. I think I was getting some bug that went around…so basically I slept all afternoon. L After I woke up I finally had an appetite and ended up cooking a yummy dinner. Shrimp Fettuccini. Incredible. Although not the best choice for not feeling good all day, and therefore we didn’t do anything Saturday night (lame).

Sunday morning came and I was feeling much better! Adam got to work right away and stayed busy all day with yard work and projects. That boy just does not know how to sit still. He has such an incredible work ethic. A value that I know that he got from his honest, hardworking, North Dakota family. :) They're awesome.


Meanwhile, I worked on homework and began preparing classroom guidance lessons and activities for my group sessions in Practicum. I, of course, procrastinated by attempting the below “April Fools” joke on Adam.

A little background: My friend Andrea is a very old friend that I have gone to school with since Kindergarten, played nearly every sport with, roomed with in college, and coached with. She believes she is the queen of April Fools Day. I, however, am a seasoned player of her April Fools games, so those of you who fell for her little joke this morning...rookie mistake…always be prepared. For instance, one year while in college I came back to our apartment from class to find all of my clothes missing. You get the idea. Anyway, her and I were trying to think of something to pull a fast one on Adam today.

Unfortunately the ole glass of water on the door trick was unsuccessful. It didn’t fall off the door (and onto Adam’s head) like the plan was. After he noticed and saw me mad that it didn’t work, he said (and I quote) “I don’t know how I feel about you hanging around Andrea”. Bahaha. This isn’t the first time I heard him say that!


 After my failed April Fools Day joke I went for a long run. I use the Nike + IPod system to track my runs. However, I am continuing to have problems with my Ipod, so after 50 minutes of running it said I only ran 2 miles. Not cool. Any tips on how to calibrate? Also, these are my brand new running shoes. Brooks all the way. I love them. My old shoes wouldn’t have made it another mile. Last September my sister and I ran a half marathon…so those babies have too many miles on them!  I love the color of these!



So, basically, as I make dinner (Buffalo Meatballs and spinach salad), blog, and watch Friends (my fave) with the animals, I sincerely hope you have a great night and hope you are ready for a great week!





Do something for yourself this week. You deserve it.

-Be Kind to One Another-

No comments:

Post a Comment